Pages

cuteness

Saturday, August 29, 2009

Music

I've posted about Blue October quite a bit already. They are the only band that I can completely relate to - the lyrics are amazing to me. But I have quite a few other favorites..... I love the powerhouse that is Muse. They're from the UK. When I first heard their song Time is Running Out....... they got my attention.


Butterflies and Hurricanes has been such an encouraging song to me. Loved listening to it a whole lot last year when I went on my walks and hikes. Such a "take on the world", positive song!


Three Days Grace has to be in my top 5 as well.... very real and reminds me there are many out there that are hurting just like I am.


.
I also love me some Incubus, Seether, Nirvana, Chevelle, Breaking Benjamin, Ghostland Observatory, Kings of Leon, White Stripes, Cake, Foo Fighters, Beck....
love em all :)
They all allow me to get away from myself, and get into someone else's head for a change. I wonder what went through the lyricists heads when they were writing some of these songs. What kind of experiences have they had?

2 comments:

Jason Sparks said...

Melody, check out the lyrics and songworks from Joel Port. I helped produce the album in the studio and am very proud of it. Some of the songs really grabbed you. www.joelportrock.com

JOEL PORT~ Don't forget it- he'll be on Leno or Letterman soon ;)

Jason Sparks said...

Just swinging by to check on you... ;)