Pages

cuteness

Sunday, August 23, 2009

Birthday....



This was me today. My family took me to The Cheesecake Factory for lunch. I was blowing out my non-existent candles. That cheesecake was rich! Overall I can't complain I guess. After lunch my brother in law looked at my car for me. Its been running bad lately. Then I basically chilled by myself and took a nap. Brian left while my car was being looked at. He did take me to see the Hangover last night. Funny movie. I'm finding more and more often when I have humor in my life things don't seem as bad. Its kinda sad though but I've been looking at sites like Lamebook, FailBlog and other funny sites and it keeps my mind occupied I suppose.
I keep thinking about a bit of the conversation at lunch today. I brought up the concert that Brian took me to... Blue October with special guest Switchfoot last weekend. Switchfoot is known for being sort of Christian in their lyrics. They're played on the Christian stations as well as the rock stations. I mentioned that they opened for Blue October. My dad was like what? I had to repeat myself a couple of times. "BLUE OCTOBER". He said, "Are they a Christian band?". I was like, "noooo". This is where I see some of the dysfunction and sadness with my family. My favorite band in the whole world, who has inspired me in so many ways... I can't even talk about with my parents because they don't lift up God. A lot of their music revolves around frustrations, sadness, depression and also rising above all that.
More than anything I wish MY dysfunction would just fade away so I can be like everyone else and feel like I can be myself around everyone.

1 comment:

Jason Sparks said...

Sometimes 'rents jsut don't understand. haha. I have a 15yo and I remember all the time... I used to be a teenager too. Music is an outlet~ find variance in it all. Listen to Blue October a lot. But slide in some other stuff too. My daughter LOVES SwitchFoot, Family Force 5 and other "christian" bands. Listening to Alice Cooper or Marilyn Manson does not make you a bad person or a devil praiser anymore than Amy Grant or Michael W Smith makes you a Christian. Listen to what you want. LISTEN LOUD & LISTEN PROUD! Just keep a smile on that face and make good decisions ;)

I just added a short mixed tape to my blog. check it out. I promise it is different music than you may be used too- but guaranteed to be awesome. Make your own blogtape to share with people.