Pages

cuteness

Friday, October 15, 2010

Weekend goals

Clean & organize one area at a time. I would really like to finish what I started when I moved in and do some sort of decorating. I have this Marilyn Monroe wall applique that I'm afraid to attempt to put up, out of fear of screwing it up somehow. Now that I'm 95% certain that I plan on renewing the lease at my apartment (that 5% could come into play once I get the notice of how much they want to raise my rent), I would like to make the place look welcoming. A place that I wouldn't mind having others over to see. Because right now its in a state of C.H.A.O.S. (Can't Have Anyone Over Syndrome)! I got that from an organizing book long ago. I think it got misplaced when I was going through the divorce. Which reminds me, I have now undertook the task of legally changing my name back to my maiden name. Its only been 3 1/2 years! It is not that I feel any sort of disdain for my ex's last name. I just feel it would be a solidification of starting over fresh. Knowing that God has forgiven me and does not want for me to dwell on my mistakes in the past and to focus on what he has for me now and in the future. Its strange, but I didn't mind so much right after the divorce, but the more time goes on, the more I feel it is right to have the same last name as my family again!
Right now I'm praying for focus over the weekend. I will use my awesome Vitamin R gadget on my computer and complete mini-tasks and begin the process of organizing and purging things from my apartment. Life could be a lot simpler!

No comments: