Pages

cuteness

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Heartbroken


This song by Staind really seems to speak how I feel now regarding someone who I care for so much, but cannot imagine him in my life the way I did before.
Disappointed doesn't begin to describe how I feel about this situation.
I really thought that he would one day make a great husband and father and even spiritual leader. I really don't want to "bash" him so to speak but after the way I heard him talk (yell) at his dad last night while we were talking on the phone, I can't look at him in the same light.
He and I were having a kind of emotional conversation and things had finally gotten positive and I was talking to him and he interrupts me, tells me to hold on and suddenly i hear "I'M ON THE DAMN PHONE DAD!!!" he was saying more but can't remember because I hung up as fast as I could. In that moment my heart sank to my feet knowing how disrespectful he is to his parents and their messed up living situation - just made me sick. There's no future in someone like that, at least not for me.
I just think its amazing to me how we met because he was looking for a Christian female friend online back in the spring of 2009 and everything that's happened since then. It makes no sense to me.
Its extremely difficult for me as a 31 year old woman to know I'm still at square one relationally. I regret my marriage and subsequent divorce all those years ago. It set me soooo far back and I can't seem to ever make any progress. The number of strong (single) Christian men in this world seem to be dwindling (they're married to their strong Christian wives, having beautiful children and teaching them Jesus). There seem to be an abundance of immature wanderers with no direction.
I trust that God has a plan for me so I keep that in mind when I feel down and lonely about my current situation. I thank God for taking care of my broken heart and showing me that life is better than dwelling on men that don't really care about me or about life with Him.

1 comment:

Eric G. said...

Hang in there girl. God has plans for everyone, or so my sister keeps telling me ;)


PS- It's kind of funny our posts kind of matched today.