Pages

cuteness

Thursday, January 13, 2011

My last couple of weeks

Just a brief update of my last couple of weeks. I have been tapering off of the Zoloft. I am into my 3rd week doing so and I am following my doctor's instructions. But I'm very aware that its too fast of a taper. My first couple of weeks weren't too bad but into my 3rd week, things have picked up in the symptoms department.
Below is the general symptoms reported from people who have tapered off of or quit Zoloft (and other psychiatric drugs). I can attest to several of them but my biggest complaint is what they call paresthesia. However I would describe it differently than tingling. I feel like I'm being brain-shocked every 30 seconds or less. I've experienced this before, but this is the most I have felt in a long time. I'm just praying right now for some relief from this feeling. I've decided to bold the ones that are affecting me the most.More later.
Psychiatric
anxiety, crying spells, insomnia, irritability, agitation, mood lability, vivid or bizarre dreams, difficulty with concentration and memory.
Neurologic:
dizziness, lightheadedness, headache, paresthesia (electric shock-like tingling), vertigo
Motor:
dystonia (gait instability), tremor
Gastrointestinal:
nausea, vomiting, diarrhea
Somatic:
chills, fatigue, lethargy, myalgias, rhinorrhea, sweating

No comments: