Pages

cuteness

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Glimmer of hope

1. The sun came back out today. The weatherman said it hasn't shown since Oct. 2. It was nice to see it again.

2. I got my butt in the exercise room again today. I missed yesterday but went the 2 days before that. My plan is to start slow (just riding the bike for approx. 30 min) and work up to an hour every day. I long so much to get that desire back that I had last year... the desire to exercise and to actually look forward to it. I'm trying not to focus on this being a "weight loss" thing, because I feel like my motivation will come and go if it were just for that. But exercise can help my mood, sleep, etc :)

Look forward to wanting to take pictures and have them taken of me again too. :)

2 comments:

Jason Sparks said...

thats good stuff Melody. Keep up the momentum and build speed. I'd love to see some photos coming from you. Let's see what you got inside. JAS

Jackles111 said...

That's awesome Melody. Exercise is one of my best tools for surviving depression. Not only does it take my mind off of how I feel, but exercise builds up my body which gives me confidence and a sense of accomplishment, and it also releases a healthy dose of endorphins, epinephrine, serotonin, and dopamine, all of which make me relaxed, and give me a natural sense of well-being.

I see your last post was a month ago. I hope you continue to write. Don't let the fact that you didn't write yesterday keep you from writing today. Your words, your attitude, and your determination are inspiring.

Sincerely,
Jackles