Pages

cuteness

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

How could I NOT have ADD?

I can't believe I am 32 years old and really just starting to realize that I am most likely ADD and I really need to get an official diagnosis for it so I can start to live my life in a somewhat normal way.
I really think the fact that I haven't been diagnosed is probably because I keep forgetting to mention things that would get me in the right direction. I've been depressed for so long that its become a way of life and yes, I suppose I have questioned why its never really gone away but never got around to deciding what is really going on.
I CAN NOT concentrate. I am so distractible. I'm so disorganized. I leave food out in my kitchen and discover it the next day, spoiled. I've collected bettas almost like crazy (I came to a point though when i realized I was buying so many and started trying to discipline myself so I currently *only* have 17 of them!) I've had this blog up for years but I've probably made 3-4 real posts (not just articles or photos from time to time). Prior to my current job, the longest I had been at a job was less than 2 years. I'm fortunate to be where I am now - I try so hard and have had some success but that has gone away at times but my bosses still love me and support me. But I still have yet to reach the 3 year mark. I am in a constant state of what some call "fog" but I feel like its more of a chaos. My poor eyesight isn't helping things much in that department either. I make terrible food choices and overeat a lot. I have piles of things - paper, bills, mail, laundry, dishes etc - all over my apartment. I tend to only get things taken care of when i've put it off too long and its getting obvious. I had my power cut off this week not because I don't have money, but because I forgot to pay the bill and assumed I was on auto-pay. My longest relationship was my marriage that lasted just over two years. Guess who did the leaving?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I promise, I'm not a weird stalker, I saw your blog link from the ADD forum... I used to have a crap TON of bettas myself! And other fish... I think I was way up in the hundreds somewhere... It was awful. Of course, they all contracted fish tb and passed away... which really sucked... but I know the feeling... I adore betta fish ^_^ I only have 1 now though :(